meals cooked and served
tonnes of surplus food saved
guest served each week
We build communities
Communities are built around FoodCycle meals: guests and volunteers meet new people and make friends, eat with those from different walks of life and share conversations with one another.
- 87% of our guests said FoodCycle has a positive effect on their local area
- Over 80% of guests say they have made friends and feel more a part of their community
- Over 85% of volunteers have developed a better understanding of other cultures and backgrounds
We reduce food poverty
Our projects are based in some of the most deprived communities in the UK and support people living with hunger and poverty.
- Each week, we serve over 1,000 meals and give away over 300 tupperware boxes for guests to take home
- Last year, our projects served over 67,000 tasty, nutritious meals
- Guests were given over 8,000 takehome boxes of food last year to support them during the week
We are a place for our guests to make friends
A lack of social contact with other people can have a huge effect on an individual’s mental and physical health.
- Over half of guests say their social connections are better since coming to a FoodCycle meal
- Over 70% of our guests come to a meal at least once a fortnight and many attend once or twice a week
- Over half of our guests live alone and 68% feel lonely