Trusts and Foundations Manager
Position Title: Trusts and Foundations Manager
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Pay: £24,000 – £28,000 pa pro-rata depending on experience
Location: Vauxhall, London
This is an incredible time to be joining FoodCycle. It’s our 10th year and in that time we have served 1 million meals to people who are hungry and lonely. We have 39 Projects around the country supported by an excellent team of Regional Managers who provide training to volunteers to ensure our meals are consistently served every week to vulnerable people.
You will have the opportunity to find the essential funds to ensure each Project is funded and that we can continue to provide the best possible service to our guests. As our Projects are spread throughout the country you will research and apply to a wide variety of trusts and foundations and manage a portfolio of funders.
You will already have had success at applying for grants at an existing charity. Ideally, that charity will be working in community or poverty prevention and you will understand what it takes to write a really compelling grant application.
Working at FoodCycle
Holidays: 23 working days pro-rata (along with additional Christmas closedown days)
Pension: There is a pension scheme available – new staff are automatically enrolled after three months unless you choose to opt-out.
Equipment: Whilst working with FoodCycle you will be provided with a laptop
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than two sides explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Where to send it: [email protected]
Deadline for your application: Wednesday 23rd October at 5pm
Interview date: Tuesday 29th October
FoodCycle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Roles and Responsibilities
Trusts and Foundations
- Researching and prospecting trusts and foundations that are suitable for FoodCycle to apply to and detailing this information on our SalesForce database.
- Writing timely, compelling applications to trusts and foundations, with a focus on securing grants up to £20,000, using internal and external information that will make the application a success.
- Working with the Finance Manager and Head of Fundraising to ensure an appropriate budget has been used for every application.
- Working with Regional Managers where necessary to gather Project information to inform proposals and reports
- Submitting reports to trusts and foundations as agreed in the terms and conditions provided for each grant
- Stewarding relationships with existing trusts and foundations with a view to securing long-term funding
- Assessing which areas of FoodCycle’s portfolio of Projects are in need of funding, whilst endeavouring to ensure that none of the Projects is double funded
- Detailing all aspects of an application from research, prospecting, submission, stewarding and reporting on SalesForce
- Supporting the Head of Fundraising on major funding proposals as required
|Proven Experience of||
|Skills, knowledge, ability||