Surplus Food Co-ordinator (volunteer)
Roll up your sleeves, get on your bike and join us in the fight against food waste!Apply Now
The Surplus Food Co-Ordinator is essential to every Project Leader team, working with new and existing food retailers to ensure positive relationships which enable you to collect enough surplus food each week. This role is a great opportunity to tackle food waste head on and gain experience of managing relationships with a range of retailers, from independent stores or stalls to national chains.
• Coordinating surplus food pick-ups and managing relationships with food donors
• If the Hub is lacking variety or amount of surplus, working with retailers to improve the situation
• Seeking new surplus food donors when necessary, with support from FoodCycle HQ
• Coordinating volunteers to help with food pick-ups
• Ensuring that food donors are provided with your impact stats and information about your service, and that relationships are developed beyond surplus donations where possible