Social Media Intern – (FoodCycle Head Office)
We're looking for a social media whizz to help FoodCycle deliver its incredible impact and grow further over the next couple of years.
The right person for this role enjoys communicating with lots of different people, pays attention to detail, is able to come up with creative solutions and engaging content.
Social Media Intern
Contract: 3 month internship
Reports to: Camilla James (Marketing and Communications Manager)
Hours: 21 hours per week
Pay: £9.75 per hour London Living Wage
Location: FoodCycle HQ, Vauxhall
FoodCycle is an award-winning national charity, delivering volunteer-powered community projects across the UK. We build communities in our hubs by combining surplus food, volunteers and spare kitchen spaces to create tasty and nutritious meals for people who may be at risk from food poverty and social isolation. We need a social media whiz to help support our projects and volunteers, in developing their social media channels, building campaigns to help recruit and engage volunteers and spread the word of all the amazing things that we do!
Roles & responsibilities:
- Create social media action plans for each of our projects across England
- Identify areas of improvement and development across our project social media channels
- Develop along with the Marketing and Communications Manager a strategy to increase engagement for volunteers
- Promote the use of workplace amongst our project leaders and volunteers
- Champion social media, and create and provide handy resources and guides for project to use
- General ad hoc office duties and support in communications in regards to our up-coming annual conference.
- Clear communication
- Working with diverse groups of people with various understandings of technology
- Achieving deadlines and completing projects within time
- Experience with Facebook ads
- Creating resource materials to share with wide audiences
- Experience with Facebook ads
- Photoshop skills
- Creating resource materials for wide audiences
Working at FoodCycle
Safeguarding and FoodCycle
Safeguarding is everyone’s business – FoodCycle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare/wellbeing of children, young people and adults at risk. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- We encourage all staff to visit our projects frequently to get cooking and chatting to the guests
- Our new office in Southbank House is near a nice little park which is great for picnics in the summer time
- We are a social bunch, and love a good pot-luck lunch for birthdays or new starters, or a drink down the pub
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than two sides explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Where to send it: [email protected]
Deadline for your application: Friday 13th October 2017
Telephone Interview dates: Wednesday 18th October 2017
Tips on your CV and covering letter: Your CV should tell us about your achievements. Have you done something impressive? Have you achieved your goals or perhaps surpassed them? Tell us about it!
Your covering email/letter should tell us why you are right for the role. Please keep it to no more than two sides. What you say should be relevant to the role, but we will also be looking at how you say it, so think about being concise, informative and not using jargon.