Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
About the role
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Hours: 15 hours per week
Internship period: 5th August – 30th August
Pay: £10.20 per hour London Living Wage
Location: Vauxhall, London
Every year FoodCycle conducts a Monitoring and Evaluation Survey. These surveys ask questions from our volunteers, Project Leaders and Guests. They are essential in helping us understand how we fulfil the need in the local community, and we use this work to help inform our strategy and fulfil fundraising requirements.
FoodCycle is an award-winning national charity delivering volunteer-powered community Projects across England. We build communities in our Projects by combining surplus food, volunteers and spare kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community. We currently have 37 Projects and open our doors every week to 1500 people. As Regional Manager, you will be integral in supporting thirteen existing Projects and have the opportunity to develop more in London.
We have 4 main aims:
- To strengthen communities
- To encourage friendships
- To improve nutrition and reduce hunger
- To change attitudes towards food and to reduce food waste
Roles and Responsibilities
- Transcribing: taking important qualitative data and presenting this in an easy to use/read format
- Grouping and Analysing Data: You will help build a picture of our guests and their challenges through this work
- Collating and Organising: You will enable us to understand each Project more deeply by collating all quantitative data and providing a summary of this work
- Data Partners: You will work with our scanning partner to ensure all data is scanned correctly by Project
- Data Presentation: The Project will culminate in presenting back all the data for each Project and for FoodCycle overall, to be used in our Social Impact Report, other external sources, funding reports and to volunteers to thank them for all their hard work.
Skills and Experience Required
|Skills, knowledge, ability||
Provide a 1-page covering letter and CV to [email protected] explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Deadline for application: Monday 8th July 5 pm
Telephone Interviews: Monday 22nd July
Start Date: Monday 5th August 2019
The role advertised is ‘Regulated Activity’ and as such is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and that all potential applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check.