Marketing and Administration Officer (FoodCycle Head Office)
Hi, we’re FoodCycle. We build communities by combining surplus food, volunteers and spare kitchen spaces to create tasty, nutritious meals for people who are feeling lonely or hungry. We want to serve more meals, open more projects and increase our impact across the country.
Having a great marketing and admin person in post is essential to helping us achieve this, as we need our Projects to be supported with fantastic marketing to reach out to volunteers and guests, as well as thank all the amazing people who fundraise for us throughout the year.
Our Projects are supported by Managers out in the regions, and they too will need your help by sending them vital equipment from Head Office, as well as ensuring the office is fully equipped when they work here.
The day to day role involves supporting FoodCycle’s social media accounts across the network, reviewing our income platforms regularly, sending thankyou letters, supporting corporate teambuilding days with our partner Volume 48, managing the supply of office equipment and ensuring Project equipment held at Head Office is sent as and when Projects need it.
The right person for this role enjoys being organised, has a great personality, pays attention to detail and understands that they are a key component in supporting our fantastic Projects.
Key areas of responsibility
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager in the execution of our Marketing Plans
- Supporting all of FoodCycle’s Social Media Platforms by analysing and ensuring we have weekly engagement across all accounts
- Review and analyse monthly income from variety of fundraising platforms.
- Log all funding from platforms and small grants on to Salesforce with supporting documents
- Provide thank you letters and mini reports for funding from the various platforms and small grants
- In conjunction with Marketing Manager agree who to add to our supporter newsletters based on the funding platforms and permission to do so from supporter
- Order all office supplies at the best competitive rates with support from SMT and Finance Manager
- Attend Corporate Volunteering Days with organisations such as Volume 48 (a third party that runs our corporate volunteering), Just Eat and other corporate partners giving a brief introduction about FoodCycle and following up with participants so that they are taken on the FoodCycle journey
- Facilitate communication in the office by managing the Hello Inbox and answering the phone
- Manage stock of centralised items (hairnets, thermometers, scales, Ikea Bags, T-shirts, Aprons, fundraising buckets/tins and Kitchen Handbooks)
- Send required centralised equipment to Projects in timely and efficient manner
- Some office management duties, including management of suppliers
- Help with keeping the whole office tidy
- Other administrative duties that your line manager or SMT require
- Work with all staff towards achieving FoodCycle’s vision and contribute to its success.
- Possess strong Social Media skills, and is able to help create engaging posts
- Has ability to talk to external people confidently about Projects
- Is customer service orientated
- Has great organisational skills, with an ability to log and file important data accurately
- Has at least 12 months experience of working in an office environment
- Can-do attitude, proactive and collaborative
- Positive and outgoing, enjoys meeting people
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends if required
- Commitment to and passionate about FoodCycle’s charitable objectives and values
Working at FoodCycle
Holidays: 23 working days and time off during Christmas at the discretion of CEO
Benefits: New staff are automatically enrolled in to our pension after three month’s service unless you choose to opt out.
Training: There is a significant per person training budget – your personal development plan will be curated with your line manager.
Safeguarding is Everyone’s business – FoodCycle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare / wellbeing of children, young people and adults at risk. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to this all FoodCycle staff will be DBS checked.
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than one side explaining why you are suitable for the role.
- Deadline for your application: 9am 6th November 2017
- We will aim to get back to you by: 10th November 2017
- We aim to hold interviews by: 17th November 2017
Tips on your CV and covering letter: Your CV should tell us about your achievements. Have you done something impressive? Have you achieved your goals or perhaps surpassed them? Tell us about it!
Your covering email/letter should tell us why you are right for the role. Please keep it to one side. What you say should be relevant to the role, but we will also be looking at how you say it, so think about being concise, informative and not using jargon.