Head of Fundraising
We're looking for a Head of Fundraising to help FoodCycle grow.Apply Now
FoodCycle is an award-winning national charity delivering volunteer powered community projects across England. We build communities in our projects by combining surplus food, volunteers and spare kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community. We have grown to 40 projects in 10 years and open our doors every week to 1,500 people. As the Head of Fundraising, you will be supporting us to serve even more meals to vulnerable people across the country.
We have 4 main aims:
- To strengthen communities
- To encourage friendships
- To improve nutrition and reduce hunger
- To change attitudes towards food and to reduce food waste
About the role
Position Title: Head of Fundraising
Reports to: CEO
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Pay: £39,000 – 43,000 pa
Line Management Responsibility: Fundraising Corporate Partnership and Events Manager, PT trusts and Foundation Officer
Location: FoodCycle,The Food Exchange, New Covent Garden, London SW8 5EL (10 min walk from Vauxhall)
The Head of Fundraising (HoF) leads on the development and management of the fundraising team enabling FoodCycle to both raise its profile and secure income to sustainably grow. This is a new role for FoodCycle. We have consistently achieved £600,000 income over the past three years with the help of the CEO and the fundraising team. This role is very exciting as we have seen significant growth this year and lots of potential opportunities. The HoF will lead, manage and inspire the team to continue diversifying and growing our income streams. The role will build on the success we’ve had with trusts and foundations, corporate partnerships, community fundraising and a strong online presence. The HoF is a self-motivated role requiring excellent communication and analytical skills.
Strategy and maximising income
1. To lead fundraising at FoodCycle and be responsible for establishing and implementing a three-year fundraising strategy to achieve required income targets
2. Ensure a varied range of income sources are secured and developed including, corporate fundraising, trusts, individuals, events, trading, community, major donors (prospect researching) and create a range of fundraising products and activities to generate income
3. Be responsible for setting income targets and maximising the effectiveness of fundraising through improving Returns on Investments (ROIs) and making best use of all resources
4. Develop and implement innovative new fundraising programmes to increase income and profile, and create sustainable additional income streams over the long term
5. Be responsible for maintaining a culture of the highest standards of donor care to encourage long term engagement and participation of all our supporter groups
6. Develop a comprehensive set of reporting and analytics including KPI and retention reporting to deliver insight and analysis, which improves the effectiveness and impact of fundraising activities.
7. Ensure that all relationship data relating to fundraising is captured on Salesforce
8. Ensure that FoodCycle’s fundraising activity is fully compliant with legal, regulatory and organisational standards
Trusts and Foundations
1. To be responsible for grant fundraising activity, encompassing trusts & foundations, including researching funders, drafting project materials, preparing funding applications, stewarding donor relationships and reporting to funders
1. To lead the development of corporate partnerships, supported by the Corporate Partnerships and Fundraising Events Manager, including the development of sponsorship packages and materials, the researching of potential corporate partners and taking the lead in approaching and pitching to them across the country where FoodCycle operates.
2. Managing relationships with our existing corporate supporters, communicating and supporting them in their fundraising activities, to ensure they feel enthused and confident about their support for FoodCycle.
3. Continue to develop our corporate volunteering events, to either grow income or fulfil other objectives for FoodCycle, in conjunction with Corporate Partnerships and Fundraising Events Manager
1. Plan, implement and manage the community fundraising programme of work which engages with local communities, recruits new donors whilst driving new revenue.
2. Set up a programme of work that maximizes the community opportunities where FoodCycle Projects operate across the country.
3. To support the Fundraising Corporate Partnership and Events Manager in the planning and implementation of community fundraising activities, including the charity’s own events and third party events
4. Ensure a robust stewardship programme is in place which maximizes income and develops relationships with local fundraisers, converting them to long term support.
1. Develop and support FoodCycle’s events programme in collaboration with the Marketing Manager
2. Continually review the current calendar of events with a view to growing new events, income and delivering a dynamic programme of work which recruits new supporters.
3. Ensure a robust stewardship programme is in place which maximises income and develops relationships with event participants, converting them to long term support.
4. Review, develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures and guidelines to ensure event supporters receive a high level of support and top level customer care.
Managing health, safety and security
1. Promote and ensure safe working for self and others by strict adherence to FoodCycle’s Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies
2. To ensure that the charity’s fundraising and marketing activities comply with the Fundraising Code, as published by the Fundraising Regulator
3. Ensure that security of sensitive information is maintained and complies with the requirements of GDPR
Digital Fundraising and Approach
1. Develop and deliver a digital fundraising strategy to maximise opportunities presented by digital to successfully engage with stakeholders and donors
2. Capture all key information about relationships on salesforce to improve the quality of management information to drive income generation, engagement, mobilisation and improve decision making
Act as member of the Senior Management Team
1. As part of the SMT, work in collaboration with the Chief Executive, and Head of Programmes to develop strategy for whole of FoodCycle so that our growth is financially sustainable.
2. Accountable for the effective management of income including effective budget preparation, planning, monitoring and review
3. Work with Finance Manager to fully understand and analyze income on monthly basis
4. Leadership, recruitment, development, retention and appraisal of staff in accordance with the standards set out in FoodCycle’s policies and procedures
5. Provide reports, attend meetings advise and support the CEO and trustees to all matters relating to fundraising
6. Represent FoodCycle at fundraising events and third party events including speaking as required.
1. To network effectively for FoodCycle within London and beyond as and when necessary
2. Develop a broad knowledge and understanding of FoodCycle’s programmes and the wider sustainability agenda, to ensure key environmental and social issues can be expressed confidently in public.
3. To lead by example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in a similar manner to reflect the values of FoodCycle.
Working at FoodCycle
Holidays: 23 working days (along with additional Christmas Close down days)
Pension: There is a pension scheme available – new staff are automatically enrolled after three months unless you choose to opt out.
Flexible working: We love flexible working! You will be on a flexible working contract, which means that you get to plan your starting and finishing times
Team working: We are a small but great team – super supportive and always willing to help each other out.
Equipment: Whilst working with FoodCycle you will be provided with a laptop and a mobile phone
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than two sides explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Where to send it: [email protected]
Deadline for your application: 6th May 2019 at 5pm
We will aim to get back to you by: 10th May 2019
Interview dates: 15th May 2019