ABOUT THE ROLE
Position Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Pay: £25,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
Location: FoodCycle Head Office, Vauxhall and home working
This is a key role in the organisation, and you will enjoy using your financial expertise to ensure the smooth every day running of FoodCycle, giving you the opportunity to liaise with all levels of the organisation, from the CEO to the volunteers who carry out our work. The right person for this role enjoys being organised, pays attention to detail and understands that they are a key component in supporting our fantastic Projects and amazing team. They will also relish working with a wide variety of job roles as well as supporting the finance function. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the charity’s key processes which will enhance your career development. To carry out your role we will invest in training where there are gaps and seek to progress you if the opportunity arises.
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than two sides explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Where to send it: APPLY VIA THIS LINK
Deadline for your application: 5pm on Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview dates: Week commencing 19th April – with online test beforehand for shortlisted candidates
Start: April/May 2021
FoodCycle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
- Inputting transactions relating to income and expenditure, coding entries to the correct cost centre with the correct nominal codes and fund codes
- Record debit card transactions and process and reconcile petty cash
- Support the Finance Manager in managing the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger. Raise invoices where necessary and chase up outstanding payments.
- Process and record donations received in all forms including cheques, cash, charity vouchers, BACS and electronic means including Just Giving, CAF Donate, Stripe, Virgin Money, CAF GAYE and Paypal
- Liaise with fundraising over monthly donations – checking with the team that relevant data is on Salesforce
- Check and approve volunteer expenses and run Salesforce Report for import to Xero
- Fortnightly payment run and general banking
- Support to check monthly Gift Aid claims (check declarations are valid)
- Act as a knowledge centre for all volunteer finance queries
- Manage the expense mailbox – using templates where necessary and if possible
- Match invoices with PO’s when the system is introduced
- Attend and support the FoodCycle annual training Conference Other duties
- Some office management duties such as postage, answering the phone
- Assist with financial training at our volunteer conference
- Occasionally visit FoodCycle projects and take an interest in the work of our volunteers.
- Work with all staff towards achieving FoodCycle’s vision and contribute to its success.