Cooking Session Lead
Position Title: Cooking Session Lead
Reports to: North West Regional Manager
Hours: min 4 hours per week - must be available for evening and weekends
Pay: £9.00 per hour (National Living Wage)
Location: Greater Manchester, supporting projects in Salford, Prestwich, and Oldham
FoodCycle is an award-winning national charity delivering volunteer-powered community Projects across England. We build communities in our Projects by combining surplus food, volunteers and spare kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community. We currently have 40 Projects and open our doors every week to 1500 people.
We have 4 main aims:
- To strengthen communities
- To encourage friendships
- To improve nutrition and reduce hunger
- To change attitudes towards food and to reduce food waste
- As a Cooking Session Lead, you will support FoodCycle’s North West Regional Manager to ensure our projects can cook each and every week.
- You will help lead a team of volunteers to ensure high levels of food safety and hygiene are carried out. Along with helping give our volunteers a fantastic experience by creating a fun, creative and supportive environment and ensuring that we are measuring out outputs by submitting weekly reports.
- Each of our Projects is run by Project Leaders (volunteer position) and supported by Regional Managers through the recruitment and training of volunteers. Your role will be to support volunteers to gain the confidence to reach project leader level within the kitchen or out the front serving guests and hosting.
- The right person for this role enjoys being organised, has a great personality, pays attention to detail and understands that they are a key component in supporting our fantastic Projects.
- They would be looking for a flexible part-time role where they can flex their culinary muscle and help volunteers get creative in the kitchen.
- An understanding of the issues surrounding food poverty and vulnerable adults is important.
1. Leading sessions at our projects as and when required, and ensuring high standards of Food Hygiene are carried out by all volunteers
2. Help to improve and develop relationships with food suppliers and venues
3. Supporting volunteers to gain confidence and take on additional roles within their projects
4. Coordinating and attending volunteer events to promote our projects
5. Monitoring volunteer sign-ups and drop-out rates for the weeks ahead to ensure we have full volunteer rotas across the region
6. Helping the North West Regional Manager with Project Leader recruitment
|Essential Criteria||Desirable Criteria|
|Proven Experience of||
|Skills, knowledge, ability||
Applying for this role
What to send: A CV of no more than two sides, and a covering note/letter of no more than two sides explaining why you are suitable for the role.
Where to send it: [email protected]
Deadline for your application: 12th June 2019
We will aim to get back to you by: 13th June 2019
Telephone Interview dates: 14th June 2019
FoodCycle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
The role advertised is ‘Regulated Activity’ and as such is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and that all potential applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check