3 kg carrots
1 carton creamed coconut
3 red chillis
9 garlic cloves
3 stock cubes
6 teaspoons cumin powder
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash and top and tail the carrots, roughly chop them and put them to the side.
- Chop the onion, garlic and chilli. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion, garlic and chilli on a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add 1 pint of hot water, the cumin and the crumbled stock cube. Add the chopped carrots and bring to the boil. Add a lid and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the coconut cream and stir.
- When it has cooled slightly, blend the soup. Add some water if it is too thick.