FoodCycle’s 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner
In May, we held our most ambitious meal to date, our 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Fishmongers’ Hall in London for over 100 supporters.
To celebrate 10 years of FoodCycle and providing 1 Million meals we brought together a Michelin star-studded cast of chefs to create an unforgettable six-course meal.
- Canapés by Danilo Cortellini
- Amuse-Bouche by Tom Aikens – Pea pannacotta with crushed peas and mint
- Starter by Ben Tish – Steamed courgette flower, stuffed with English ricotta, sage and pine nut butter sauce
- Risotto by Francesco Mazzei – Ligurian basil risotto with Mazara shrimp tartare
- Main by Gary Foulkes – Wild turbot with English asparagus, morels and wild garlic
- Dessert by Chantelle Nicholson – Bitter chocolate mousse with raspberries and basil
Dinner was complimented by speeches from our host Chris Bavin, FoodCycle’s founder Kelvin Cheung and our Chief Executive Mary McGrath. Former guest and current volunteer Harrie further inspired our supporters by sharing his personal FoodCycle experience.
The goal for the evening was to raise the funds needed to bring a weekly FoodCycle meal to five new communities across the country. We organised a silent auction offering experiences with some famous faces including, Foraging with Ray Mears and an opportunity to Cook and Dine with Melissa Hemsley in your own home. The auction and pledges from our generous supporters raised an incredible £80,958 (including Gift Aid). We are now well on our way to creating a new community meal in Birmingham, the first of the new projects.
If you would like to speak to someone further about this post please get in touch with Miriam.