Our hosting volunteers help to make our guests feel welcome, safe and cared for.Sign up here
Looking for a fun way to make a difference in your community?
You sound to us like you’re a FoodCycler!
We work with thousands of volunteers across the country and, without their amazing work, FoodCycle simply wouldn’t be possible. So much of our success is down to our incredible volunteers and, best of all, you can join them!
Everyone over the age of 18 is welcome to volunteer with FoodCycle.
As a Hosting Volunteer, you’ll support the team in creating a warm, welcoming environment for our guests. You’ll serve food, share a meal with our guests, encourage conversation and clean up after the meal. You’ll be supported by a FoodCycle qualified Project Leader, who will help you develop your hosting skills.
Skills you’ll learn
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to prep the venue, serve a delicious meal, and clear up afterwards.
- Relationship building: you’ll build lasting relationships with guests, ensuring they come back each week.
- Hosting: you’ll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer service skills.
- Fundraising: you’ll have the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities, like pop ups and sponsored challenges, to help raise vital funds to support your Project.
What to expect from FoodCycle
- Ongoing support and advice from a FoodCycle Project Leader during every session.
- Expenses, including mileage, covered in line with our volunteer policy.
- Free online training modules, including first aid awareness and food allergens.
- The opportunity to take on additional tasks/responsibilities.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience within a community led project.
What’s expected from me
- Have bags of enthusiasm!
- Follow all FoodCycle policies and procedures – including the volunteer agreement.
- Follow all training you receive when registering with us.
- Support FoodCycle to fulfil its mission of nourishing communities with food and conversation.
Give as much as you feel! It is easy to volunteer with FoodCycle and we don’t look for minimum commitments, but we love it if you keep coming back! An average hosting slot is 4 hours.
Equality, diversity and inclusion – FoodCycle prides itself on being a diverse organisation and welcomes volunteers and guests from all backgrounds and walks of life – we do not condone or tolerate any form of discrimination. Visit our equal opportunities page to find out more about volunteering with a disability.
If you are 70+, clinically vulnerable or extremely clinically vulnerable please contact [email protected] before signing up to volunteer for this role.
To apply, please register your details at our volunteer site, take a short quiz and sign up!