Our hosting volunteers help to make our guests feel welcome, safe and cared for.Sign up here
As a Hosting Volunteer, you’ll support the team in creating a warm, welcoming environment for our guests. You’ll serve food, share a meal with our guests, encourage conversation and clean up after the meal. You’ll be supported by a FoodCycle qualified Project Leader, who will help you develop your hosting skills.
Skills you’ll learn
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to serve our guests and make them feel welcome.
- Hosting skills: you’ll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer service skills.
- Relationship building: you’ll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, ensuring they come back each week.
- Fundraising: you have the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities, like pop-ups and sponsored challenges, to help raise vital funds to support your project.
What to expect from FoodCycle
- Ongoing support and advice from a FoodCycle Project Leader during every session.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- Travel expenses of up to £15 will be reimbursed within two weeks, with proof of travel.
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project.
If you are 70+, clinically vulnerable or extremely clinically vulnerable please contact [email protected] before signing up to volunteer for this role.
To apply, please register your details at our volunteer site, take a short quiz and sign up!
You can sign up to our volunteer opportunities as frequently as you like. Before you sign up for a session, please read our volunteer agreement and ensure that you will adhere to all the points.