Food Collection Volunteer
Roll up your sleeves, get on your bike and join us in the fight against food waste!Sign up here
Looking for a fun way to make a difference in your community?
You sound like you’re a FoodCycler!
We work with thousands of volunteers across the country and, without their amazing work, FoodCycle simply wouldn’t be possible. So much of our success is down to our incredible volunteers and, best of all, you can join them!
Hop on your bike, take to the streets or jump in the car and help us to rescue lots of tasty food from the bin. Join us to take this food to your local project, where our cooking volunteers will transform it into a delicious, 3-course meal for the community.
All volunteers must be over the age of 18.
Skills you’ll learn
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to serve our guests and make them feel welcome.
- Hosting skills: you’ll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer service skills.
- Relationship building: you’ll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, ensuring they come back each week.
- Fundraising: you have the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities, like pop-ups and sponsored challenges, to help raise vital funds to support your project.
What to expect from FoodCycle
- Ongoing support and advice from a FoodCycle Project Leader during every session.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- Travel expenses of up to £15 will be reimbursed within two weeks, with proof of travel.
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project.
To apply, please register your details at our volunteer site, take a short quiz and sign up!
You can sign up to our volunteer opportunities as frequently as you like. Before you sign up for a session, please read our volunteer agreement and ensure that you will adhere to all the points.