FoodCycle volunteers are welcoming and committed people who want to create delicious meals and lasting relationships within their community.
Looking for a fun way to make a difference in your community?
You sound to us like you’re a FoodCycler!
We work with thousands of volunteers across the country and, without their amazing work, FoodCycle simply wouldn’t be possible. So much of our success is down to our incredible volunteers and, best of all, you can join them!
Whether you’re a Masterchef winner in the making or a cooking novice, everyone over the age of 18 is welcome to volunteer with FoodCycle.
Roll your sleeves up, sport a fetching hairnet and join the kitchen team to produce a three-course vegetarian meal using surplus food. You’ll be peeling, chopping, frying, mixing, boiling, serving and washing up. But most of all, you’ll have a lot of fun.
You don’t need to have any previous cooking experience, you just need to get stuck in!
Skills you’ll learn
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to serve our guests and make them feel welcome.
- Hosting skills: you’ll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer service skills.
- Relationship building: you’ll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, ensuring they come back each week.
- Fundraising: you have the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities, like pop-ups and sponsored challenges, to help raise vital funds to support your project.
What to expect from FoodCycle
- Ongoing support and advice from a FoodCycle Project Leader during every session.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- Travel expenses of up to £15 will be reimbursed within two weeks, with proof of travel.
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project.
To apply, please register your details at our volunteer site, take a short quiz and sign up!
You can sign up to our volunteer opportunities as frequently as you like. Before you sign up for a session, please read our volunteer agreement and ensure that you will adhere to all the points.